1. Policy scope and updates
Depending on your location, and the Rollease Acmeda entity you deal with or website, mobile app and Iot integrations you access, specific privacy law requirements may apply when processing your personal information. Refer to the Legal Information section at the end of this policy for further information.
2. What types of personal information do we collect and hold about you?
Personal information we collect from you when you visit our websites and use or interact with our services may include:
- your personal and/or professional contact details (such as name and job title, address, email address, phone number, mobile phone number);
- your business name and address details;
- your Australian Business Number, if located in Australia;
- your online member log in, details, account details, profile and activities;
- your shade device operating related information such as settings, schedules and timers and information about how you are using our websites, mobile apps, and IoT integrations;
- your Pulse Hub information such as SSID, passwords, shade device operating related information such as settings, schedules and timers.
1. How do we collect your personal information?
Wherever possible, we will collect your personal information directly from you, such as when you contact us, visit our websites, use our mobile apps or Iot integrations or purchase a product from us, attend one of our events or apply for a job with us. We may also collect your personal information from other third parties such as legitimate resellers of customer databases’.
Our business is not intended for children under the age of 13 and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from visitors of this age group.
A cookie is a small piece of data shared between a web server and a user’s browser that the website uses to give the server information about a user’s identity and website visiting patterns and preferences. Cookies are standard Internet technologies used by many websites. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies.
4. Why do we collect and use your personal information?
- Rollease Acmeda collects personal information to:
- deliver, improve, personalize and market our products and services;
- allow you to set up a user account and profile;
- to enable Automate Pulse 2 to interact with other third-party connected devices, such as Google Home;
- communicate with and respond to queries, communications or complaints from our customers;
- deliver and manage communications about our products, services, and events;
- manage our customer accounts and records;
- verify the identity of individuals who access our services and products;
- protect and ensure the security of our businesses, networks and services; and
- sales, marketing and business administration.
5. Direct marketing
We may use or disclose your personal information to send you marketing communications about our products, services and events via email, social media and post. You can opt out of receiving our direct marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on our website footer. Also, any direct marketing message we send will also contain a mechanism in the message to enable you to unsubscribe from further direct marketing.
6. Who do we disclose your personal information to, including overseas?
Rollease Acmeda may disclose your personal information to:
- our third-party service providers, including e-vendors, our agents and contractors who provide financial, legal, administrative, email and marketing or other services in connection with the operation of Rollease Acmeda’s business;
- Rollease Acmeda affiliates and related entities;
- purchasers, in the event we sell all or a portion of our business or assets, such as in connection with a corporate acquisition or bankruptcy; and
- others, when required to comply with applicable law or request from a regulator or for cooperation with the government, to prevent or reduce fraud or verify or enforce compliance with the terms governing our services, or to protect our or our users’ or employees’ rights, property, and safety.
Rollease Acmeda is an international business and has entities located in various countries, including Australia, the United States of America and countries within the European Union. Certain aspects of our business activities may require the transfer of your personal information from one country to another. Depending on where you live, your personal information may be shared with the Rollease Acmeda group of companies that are based in Australia, the USA or the EU. Your personal information may also be stored on Rollease Acmeda Australia information servers located in Australia, Italy and the USA as well as cloud-based servers operated by our cloud service providers.
7. How do we hold and keep your personal information secure?
Rollease Acmeda holds your personal information on electronic files on its databases and servers. We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from third parties.
Rollease Acmeda takes appropriate steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is kept secure and protected from unauthorized access, loss or disclosure through various methods. These include password and authorization protection and secure storage. Also, data encryption protocols are implemented in relation to our cloud service provider which hosts our mobile app and IoT integrations.
Please contact Rollease Acmeda immediately if you believe that the personal information that we hold about you may have been compromised so that we can investigate the matter.
8. How do you make a privacy complaint?
We will investigate your complaint and notify you of our decision and offer any resolution that we consider appropriate within a reasonable period of time.
If you are not satisfied with our resolution of your complaint, you can contact your local data protection supervisory authority or regulator.
9. Legal information and Rollease Acmeda contact details
In Australia, your personal information will be collected and held in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
How to seek access to and correction of your personal information we hold about you: You may request access to and correction of your personal information by contacting us at the details below. You will not be charged for making such a request. We may refuse access to some or all of your personal information if an exception in the Privacy Act applies, such as where providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals. You may also ask us to correct any of your personal information we hold about you. You can also update your profile and account details on our website at any time, by selecting the “my account” function and then “edit/change details” here https://www.rolleaseacmeda.com/login?ReturnUrl=https://www.rolleaseacmeda.com/user-profile/EditProfile.
If we refuse your request we will explain why in writing and how to complain if you are not satisfied with our decision.
Name: AU Customer Service Department
You may make a complaint to:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
United States of America
Collection of Information from Children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the agent of thirteen (13). If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
Your California Privacy Rights. California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Do-No-Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they are even aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals, Rollease Acmeda currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
Name: US Customer Service Department